Friday, July 13, 2012

Our First House

It's crazy to think in less than two weeks Cole and I will be moving out of our first house.  I have been trying to take a minute to reflect on how significant this house has been to us.  It's super hard to do with the hussle and bussle of moving, packing, and the details of our new home but I think it's really important.  We will never forget our first house and we have made some amazing memories there in the past three years.

I have been trying to figure out a way to capture some of my favorites so until I can think of a more creative way to display these I am just going to make a list.  I am sure I wont capture them all but here are some of the highlights:

Our wedding night.  Yes we spent our wedding night in our house. :) Cole may have forgotten to grab our overnight bags so when we got to our hotel after our wedding we realized they weren't there and after a super long day we decided to just go home. Best decision ever.

Cookouts with friends.  A group of Cole's groomsmen surprised us when we got back from our honeymoon with a grill!  Such an awesome gift and that first summer we had cookout after cookout at our house to say thank you. :)

Showers & Parties.  We have hosted engagement parties, couple showers, baby showers, Halloween parties, birthday parties and even a fourth of July party at our house.  Lot's of great memories with friends and family were formed in that house!


Our first Thanksgiving.  Cole and I hosted Thanksgiving at our house the first year that we were married. Two of his best friends (Nick and Will) even came over for the big feast.  Such a great time.

Our first Christmas. We started our own tradition of having breakfast and opening presents just the two of us on Christmas morning. One I hope to carry over for years to come.

Bebop. Sweet Bebop was only 2lbs when we got him in February of the first year we were married. I  can not imagine our lives without him and our house is the only home he knows. :)

Our first Valentine's Day. Our first Valentines as a married couple was spent at our house with little Bebop.  We had plans of venturing out to dinner and a movie but had no idea what we had gotten ourselves into with a 6 week old puppy.  Instead we spent the weekend snuggled up on the couch with our little guy.

Girls Night.  I have the best memories of girls night at our house. Generally planned around Grey's Anatomy or Bachelor nights but always filled with great food and even better company.

Sleepovers and House Guests.  I have had so much fun having my friends stay with us from out of town.  Tiff& Seth have always had a permanent room during football season, A-team reunions never fail to end in a good sleepover and even Kimbo and Smash have stayed their fair share of the time.  :) So much fun.

Rambo.  We also got little Rambo a year and a half after getting Bebop.  He has been the best addition to our family and I have loved watching those boys run all over our house.  They own it and Rambo can finally jump on the couch.  Look out.

Colston- I have absolutely loved and cherished our first three years of marriage and especially all of the wonderful memories we have formed in our first house!  I will definitely miss our little home but I am so excited for this next adventure that God has blessed us with! On to house number two!!!

I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!  We are going to be PACKING!  Apparently we have to move in 12 days!!!!!  Craziness!!

xoxo,

No comments: