Where to begin? I fought a nice sinus infection all weekend so a good portion of my days were spent snuggling on the couch with Bebop. Not too bad :) Because of my cold I had a rough raspy voice yesterday so Cole and I opted to listen to our church sermon from the comfort of our own bed. Not too bad either. The sermon was on how God calls us to be a light (a christian) in everything that we do. Our job, as a wife, husband, mother, father, teacher, coach etc. and how you don't have to work in ministry to do this. To his point there are people who do work in ministry that do a mediocre job of this and there are people in all fields that walk their walk in a way that makes them stand out. God calls us to be a light in everything that we do. What a great way to start out the week right?
On another note, even with the cold I was still able to participate in G&K's wedding festivities some this weekend. The rehearsal dinner was at Calhoun's on the River (a Knoxville staple) which was delicious as usual. The wedding was downtown at First Baptist....so pretty! And the reception was at
the Orangery. It was a gorgeous wedding and we had a great time celebrating G&K! We all went to high school together so for Cole and I it was like a mini reunion. :)
 |
| Cole & I |
 |
| Girls pic |
After listening to our sermon Cole & I had a rather random Sunday and it ended up being the best day!! Since I wasn't feeling well we decided to steer clear of normal Sunday activities: the gym, laying out, the lake, really anything outside haha. So instead we got a late lunch at my favorite local mexican restaurant. I was craving their chicken tortilla soup. It did not disappoint. From there we ran some small errands mainly stuff for the house which we never take the time to do. We came back home and I fixed an awesome meal and we sat around the dinner table and just talked. Ahhmazing. I told Cole it felt like we were dating again :) Sometimes it's nice to do things out of the ordinary and just enjoy each others company. Cheers to that! Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend as well!
Happy Monday Friends!
2 comments:
♥
Hi there.)
Oh, you ve got such a cute blog!! I love it!
Nice post.))
I need your help (maybe again) ...
Do you anything about PayPal? If yes, can you say me about this system?
thanx.
♥
Love this and love the light that you shine on others, Joyous! xo
Post a Comment