Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Bachelorette & Decorating!

So last night I had the girls over to watch the bachelorette season finale!  I am going to go ahead and say that the bachelorette Ashley seriously redeemed herself last night when she chose JP!!  I am a HUGE fan of these two and I am embarrassed to say I am even excited about bachelor pad starting next week. 
Yay for JP!!
On another note I worked on my bookshelf project this weekend!  I feel like a bookshelf is a never ending project because you can always add and rearrange.  But I promised pictures and here is my starting piece!  Like I explained here our entertainment system was custom made by our previous owners so it's been an interesting piece to decorate.

Here is a before shot.  Notice the cabinet doors....they are glass and I realized after I started decorating they don't do a whole lot....really they just made it harder to see everything I had placed in the shelves.  So when Cole got home I sold him on the idea, he got the drill out and took them off!  I am MUCH happier with the way they look now.
Entertainment System Before
and After...
My favorite part of this project was collecting items to put in the shelves.  If you notice in this picture that is a 100 year old dictionary that my parents have had for as long as I can remember...thanks Dad! :)

Like I said earlier this is just start but I had a blast doing it!  Next on my house project list is recovering a desk chair for my new office and hopefully finding a new coffee table!  Stay tuned!

Happy Tuesday Friends!!

No comments: