"You can't always tailor make your life but you can tailor make your attitude.. Ziglar" Rev Run Wisdom
Rev Run you always seem to read my mind. Today was one of those days where I found myself praying the entire way to work that I could snap out of it. Good news...I did.
Even though we are hovering around the high 80's today I was finally able to wear the beloved white jeans to work. It is starting to feel like there is a fall breeze headed our way and I couldn't be more excited. Even though I LOVE the summer in East Tennessee there is something so refreshing about our fall. The transition is always so easy because while I hate seeing summer go we head straight into football season!
At first I didn't quite understand the obsession that southerners have with football...being that I grew up on the west coast and all. On the West Coast we definitely still like sports but it's not the live, breath, nothing else matters regardless of your age like we have here in Tennessee. But even after moving to Knoxville I didn't jump on the band wagon right away.....that was until I attended the University of Tennessee and went to my first sweltering hot football game in September.
Then I went back for another torrential downpour game (UT vs. FL 2002). Cole and I actually went to this game together....somehow I managed to get him to join me instead of his friends and we lucked out with tickets 5 rows up from the 50 yard line. Amazing seats. So amazing we HAD to stay the entire game while we got completely drenched from the monsoon rain storm. I ruined my cell phone that game and walked soaking went back to Cole's dorm but for whatever reason I was hooked.
So, with ALL of that being said it is practically football time in Tennessee my friends! I of course have already started scouring for Orange. Which is another thing we do in the south...look as cute as possible in our school colors. No jersey's for us! Here are some adorable looks I am loving:
Happy Thursday Friends! Have a great weekend! I will be back to report on our adventurous weekend in Quantico on Monday!
Even though we are hovering around the high 80's today I was finally able to wear the beloved white jeans to work. It is starting to feel like there is a fall breeze headed our way and I couldn't be more excited. Even though I LOVE the summer in East Tennessee there is something so refreshing about our fall. The transition is always so easy because while I hate seeing summer go we head straight into football season!
At first I didn't quite understand the obsession that southerners have with football...being that I grew up on the west coast and all. On the West Coast we definitely still like sports but it's not the live, breath, nothing else matters regardless of your age like we have here in Tennessee. But even after moving to Knoxville I didn't jump on the band wagon right away.....that was until I attended the University of Tennessee and went to my first sweltering hot football game in September.
![]() |
| My BFF Ali, T & I Freshman year |
So, with ALL of that being said it is practically football time in Tennessee my friends! I of course have already started scouring for Orange. Which is another thing we do in the south...look as cute as possible in our school colors. No jersey's for us! Here are some adorable looks I am loving:
Happy Thursday Friends! Have a great weekend! I will be back to report on our adventurous weekend in Quantico on Monday!






No comments:
Post a Comment