Wednesday, October 12, 2011

DIY, Cooking & The Champagne of Dairy . . .

Whew!  This week took off and I am finally able to take moment and recap on the past two days.  First I have been obsessed with Pinterest lately and I have a number of home projects to share.  One of which I started working on this weekend.  Not an idea I saw anywhere just what happens when the creative juices start flowing. :)  Anyway, so I have this coffee table that I really have grown to dislike.  It has four glass panels that are IMPOSSIBLE to keep clean.  Literally if I cleaned them every day it wouldn't make a difference.  So Mom and I were wrestling over a solution when we decided I should just try painting some new panels to replace the glass.  Fast forward a week later and here is what I am working with:
Our coffee table
Panels stage 2
Panels stage 3
They dried really well and tonight I am going to add a protective varnish to seal them.  We will see what the final product looks like.  Stay tuned.

Second, Monday night I made one of my favorite chicken dishes for Cole.  Pan roasted chicken with asparagus and shiitakes.  It's super easy and has great flavor so I thought I would share.
Recipe via
 Lastly the "champagne of dairy."  It dawned on me this morning that I have never blogged about one of my favorite things in life.  Kefir.....a.k.a. the champagne of dairy.  Kefir is a lowfat fermented milk product that  apparently (like most healthy things, Mom's a health nut) I had a lot of as a child.  I rediscovered Kefir this year and fell in love all over again.  Basically Kefir is kind of like drinkable yogurt but while yogurt contains 2-3 strands of probiotic cultures Kefir contains 12!  Anyway, I highly recommend trying it.  My favorites are the frozen Kefir (tastes like an original tart frozen yogurt) with strawberries and the cultured milk.  Check it out!  I promise it will not disappoint.
On a side note I have a short work week this week for fall break!  Can't wait. More to come on that tomorrow!

Happy Hump Day Friends!
xoxo,

No comments: