Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Our Chattanooga Choo Choo Get-Away (Part 2)

If yesterday's post sounded like enough just wait. . .we were just getting started taking on Chatt.  The next morning we were off to the ONLY breakfast spot in Chatt. . .City Cafe.  After asking multiple people we were told this was the one and only spot for breakfast in downtown Chattanooga.  Attached to a Days Inn and complete with a 24 hour menu, blinking lights and a full service bakery Cole and I were about to embark on a culinary adventure.  After ordering the exact same thing off of the menu (like all real married couples do) we ate what we could and got the heck out of there.  It wasn't great but it wasn't terrible.  Thanks City Cafe.

Next we were off to explore the infamous Rock City and Ruby Falls.  Now being completely naive to either of these places Cole and I made the mistake of thinking they were the same place.  $70 later we had tickets to see them both. After exploring weeding through Rock City we stumbled across the waterfall we thought was Ruby Falls.  No such luck.  This is what happens when two dumb blondes at heart go exploring. :) Either way Rock City was a cool place and it was a gorgeous day so the views were fabulous.

Me laughing at all of the creepy gnomes they had popping out everywhere...
Tight squeeze :)
Ginormous swing
You can literally see 7 states from this point.
Colston & I at Lovers Lookout
The waterfall...not to be confused with Ruby Falls
So once we learned that this was in fact not Ruby Falls we got back in the car and drove the 3 miles to Ruby Falls.  It was here that we learned that to see Ruby Falls we would need to go on a hour and 20 minute tour. Yay!  We had already paid for this tour so we decided we might as well check this underground waterfall out.  Now I have to say that I am not a huge fan of tours.  I am impatient and I like to be in control of the situation.  So tours are kind of like my worst nightmare.  Not to mention I am not very curious when it comes to history and learning how things work so I basically tuned out most all of the tour.  Cole got to be our tour groups "caboose" which meant that our lovely tour guide Ms. Davis would yell "COLE ARE YOU WITH US???" every 15 minutes or so just to make sure no one got lost in the caverns.  We finally got to the end of the cave tour and got to see the infamous waterfall.  It was pretty cool and I am just happy to say now I have seen both Rock City and Ruby Falls.  There you have it.
Cole with some sort of cactus formation
The "chandelier"
crazy formation with lights
THE waterfall. . .Ruby Falls.


All in all I am the most thankful for my sweet husband who spent the time and money to take me away for the weekend.  It's so important to take time out for one another and I am so blessed to have a husband that not only realizes that but does it.  Thank you Colston for a fabulous Italian eating, gnome filled, fun and romantic weekend!!  Love you!!

Happy Hump Day Friends! 
xoxo,

No comments: