Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Latest Obession: Home Projects

So I promised I would share some of the home projects I tackled over the long weekend.  A number of these my Mom honestly either thought of, found clutch furniture items for, or really just inspired me to do. A few others I saw on websites like pinterest, which can I just say is a very dangerous place for someone with my personality.  That is impatient, impulsive and when I see something I want to do ESPECIALLY DIY. . .I do it.  Like the next day.  Anyway, here we go:
#1: Fabulous find by Mom...table behind my couch
#1...
I am terrible at taking "before" pictures but basically this table was a dull gold and missing a center panel. I antiqued the table and then had a center panel made to fit.  I painted the center panel turquoise (my fav) and then used my handy dandy antiquing glaze again.
#2 Coffee Table finished product!
Ok So I showed the progress here.....where I despised my glass panels so I replaced them with these that I painted. This is the final product!  We love how it turned out!
#3 Gold leafed lamp
 Another thing I have become obsessed with lately is gold leafing.  Anything and everything.  I have a serious obsession with gold so it was only natural that I would love gold leafing.  This lamp was once a dull brown color with cool design.  Now it really pops and reflects light!  I love it!


Ok so the next project I definitely stole from Pinterest. Our house has brass door knobs throughout. Something I honestly never paid much attention too. But my husband being the Realtor that he is goes into house after house and definitely noticed our brass.  To say it drove him nuts is an understatement.  So when I saw this little spray paint trick I had to try it out!
#4 Before
#4 After
 I have to say we REALLY love the finished product.  It makes such a difference and even I notice it now!

Last much but least....my collage wall.  This like I said awhile ago has been an ongoing project for me.  It started out very basic and over time I added to it.  Nothing crazy.  I am sure it may even expand more in the coming days but I am finally content with it.
#5 Collage wall
So there you have it!  I would like to say I am done for while but I still have a few projects on my list.  My step dad built the ledge I am adding to our master bed room and I have already picked out everything to go on it.  So that should be hung in the next week or so.  More to come later!

Happy Tuesday Friends!
xoxo,

No comments: