Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Happy Fall Ya'll!

The temperatures have finally dropped in East Tennessee and although we are currently experiencing some serious rain I am happy to have the cooler weather.  It finally feels like fall.  With that being said I can't help but look forward to the little weekend get-a-way Cole and I have planned! 

The original plan was of course to drive to Tuscaloosa to watch the Vols take on Alabama.  But with our teams recent injuries we decided just to take one for the marriage team instead.  So we will be spending the night in lovely Chattanooga, Tennessee. 
It sounds strange being that Chattanooga is only a little over an hour away from Knoxville that I have never been.  Seriously.  Like I have driven through multiple times but never stopped, never stayed the night, and never had a meal in the city.  Like Knoxville, Chattanooga is located right on the river so I am fully prepared for some gorgeous views and a great time!!  Cole and I booked at hotel right downtown and I am exited to see what all Chattanooga has to offer.
Onto more things fall....cooking!  I love anything pumpkin and as soon as it starts to get cooler outside I am ready to whip up our fall favorites!  Chilly, butternut squash, pumpkin bread, pumpkin pancakes, pumpkin pie, etc, etc.  Here are a few recipes I am dying to try this fall:

Pumpkin Spiced Biscuits via
Peanut Butter Chocolate Cookies via
Maple Chili Popcorn via
Fall Minestrone via
So there you have it!  I am getting hungry just looking at all of this!

Happy Hump Day Friends!
xoxo,

No comments: