Where to begin? This weekend was absolutely fabulous as expected. But two people really made it extra special.....{insert Kimbo & Amb}. Obviously I was super excited for Kimbo to come visit for the first time since she moved to Charlottesville but the icing on the cake is that she brought her BFF Amb from undergrad. I have heard story after story about Amb and I was SO excited to finally meet her! We had an absolute blast! Let's recap:
Friday night before Kimbo & Amb got into town Cole, Smash, DA and I headed to the annual Wine on the water. It was even better than previous years with lots of great food, wine & live music. After checking out some of our favorites booths we headed down to the river where a friend of ours had his boat tied up for the
Vol Navy. If you have never heard of the Vol Navy before let me just tell you. Since UT's campus is right on the Tennessee River each home game a crew of people actually bring their boats and tie up before the game. It's a fabulous tradition and one I loved being a part of.
 |
| Colson & I before Wine on the Water |
 |
| Smash & I at one of our favorite booths...Alcoa Good Times! |
 |
| hanging out on the boat....Slingin came to play! |
The next day was of course the UT vs. Georgia game....we started the day with a big brunch at Smash's house. Then we were all off to tailgate our afternoon away! But not without taking a few pictures along the way! :)
 |
| Kimbo & Amb |
 |
| Amb, myself, & Kimbo |
 |
| In front of Neyland :) |
 |
| Colston & I |
 |
| Girls pic |
 |
| The girls with Harold :) |
As you can see I literally had the best day tailgating with these two! We finally made it to G10 and reunited with Smash and the rest of the gang! It was an absolutely perfect fall day and a perfect day to spend time with fabulous friends. Although I continually get choked up when I think about Kimbo no longer living here I am super proud of her accomplishments and I know she is where she needs to be. :)
Happy Monday Friends!
xoxo,
No comments:
Post a Comment