There has been a ton of buzz in Knoxville this week about the Secret Millionaire episode that aired Sunday night featuring our very own Knoxville. I have to say I have been super excited for months now. While all of the organizations featured on the show are incredible there is one that it's particularly close to my heart.
The Love Kitchen.
 |
| Helen & Ellen doing what they do best! |
 |
| Love these ladies |
In college I spent a number of Wednesday's cooking and serving food at the Love Kitchen. But it wasn't until my brother came to UT and joined his fraternity Fiji that I got to know the lovely Helen and Ellen so well. You see Fiji's local philanthropy is the Love Kitchen so all of the guys especially the Freshman or "pledges" are required to work there every Wednesday. My brother Daane became extremely found of these ladies and what they were doing and when he was only a junior in college they asked him to be on the Board of Directors for the Love Kitchen. From that my entire family became so much more connected to these ladies and the needs they had.
To say this has been an incredible few years for the Love Kitchen is an understatement. Just two years ago when Cole & I were there serving food is was very apparent how much help they were needing and from a financial stand point they just were not doing good. But through great leadership and a lot of prayers these ladies finally started receiving the local awareness that they were so deserving of. A number of fundraisers like one Panera Bread put together helped these ladies get back on track. Obviously the Secret Millionaire is an incredible blessing and because of it sweet Helen and Ellen were even on the Oprah show this year where she made an incredible donation as well. I couldn't be more humbled by the work that these sweet ladies do and I am so thankful that Knoxville was featured on a national show like this. We have some pretty incredible people in this town.
 |
| Helen & Ellen on the Oprah Show! |
To watch the Secret Millionaire Episode click
here.
1 comment:
LOOOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEE
Post a Comment