Thursday, March 31, 2011

Timing is Everything


I stumbled across an article from one of my favorite writers/bloggers Erin Zammett Ruddy entitled "15 Things to Do Before You Have Kids." Click here for the article.

Not only is Erin a fabulous writer but she is always so honest and real about life that I love reading her work.  Erin is a published Author (My So-Called Normal Life) and was an Editor for Glamour magazine for years before becoming a Mom.  Now she writes a blog for Parenting.com that captures her experiences good and bad of being the mom of two.  I will jump off of the Erin soap box in a minute but she is also a cancer survivor which makes her story even more incredible. 

Anyway, Cole & I are still a few years away from having kids.  We got married almost 2 years ago so we are really enjoying our time as a married couple.  We have all sorts of goals- traveling, career, etc. that we would like to fulfill before we start down the baby track.  But I will say I for one think about having kids a whole lot more now than I did a year ago.  I am not sure if it's the constant stream of baby talk that seems to have taken over my Facebook news feed (baby pictures, pregnancy announcements, count downs, etc.) or the fact that I am now an Aunt (Cole's sister had a little boy in October) so most of our family discussions revolve around babies.....BUT either way I am thinking about it more.

My nephew Mason
We are definitely still a few years away but I love reading tips especially about what all I should be doing now.  In fact, I just added a few more things to mine and Cole's list after reading this.  Hope you enjoy reading it too!

Happy Thursday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Joyous - AWESOME article... seriously. And it looks like I'll be waiting at least 10-15 years before I start having kids after reading it. haha!