Tuesday, March 1, 2011

A Touch of Love

Lucky parents who have fine children usually have lucky children who have fine parents. 
-James A. Brewer   

     For whatever reason celebrating Dad's birthday this weekend got me thinking about my parents and how lucky I am to have them both in Knoxville with us.  I also started to think about how we are all some hodge podge of our parents and what qualities/ personality traits I have acquired from each of them.  SO here is goes....this is what came to mind:

1. Dependable- this quality definitely came from Mom.  Mom is the kind of person that if you ask her for a favor she will do it as soon as possible.  If that means she can do it in the next 5 min...done and done.  Otherwise I would say she will deliver within 24 hours.  Guaranteed.  I also have this creepy knack of getting things done for people STAT.

2. Efficient- while I am sure Mom thinks I get this from her...I am going to go ahead and go with my Dad on this one.  If I had a dollar for the amount of time in my life someone has called me efficient I would be a millionaire.  I get this from Dad because behind my efficiency is a need to do things the best way possible.  Not waste any more time than necessary, it almost feels like a crime too.

3. Fast-paced- adding to my level of efficiency is my fast-paced demeanor.  I walk fast, I talk fast, I eat fast, I type fast.....I really don't know if there is a single thing I don't do creepishly fast.  This too I believe I get from Dad.  Even though he makes fun of me for talking fast and what-not I believe he too moves fast.

4. Observant- Definitely Mom on this one.  I don't miss much.  Not because I am constantly trying to notice everything, just because for whatever reason I can't freaking help it.  Growing up if anyone misplaced something Mom would be like "it's on the third shelf in the living room where you left it yesterday" and we would think....how the heck did she notice that?!  But I too now have this trait....try losing something in my house.  I dare you.

     So there you have it.  I am thankful to have very different parents who have shaped me into the person I am today.  Love you Mom & Dad!
Mom & I at our Rehearsal Dinner
Dad & I- our Wedding Day

No comments: