“Nature gives you the face you have at twenty, but it's up to you to merit the face you have at fifty.”
- Coco Chanel
- Coco Chanel
So yesterday was my sweet Mom's birthday! Last night we had a special birthday dinner in her honor. I actually had to opportunity to get to cook for her for once! Which I loved! However I have to say my Mom is somewhat of a gourmet cook so I was a little nervous about cooking for her! Luckily she requested Salmon and I have a go-to Salmon marinade that I knew she hadn't had before. So, I made ginger chili glazed salmon, broccoli with red pepper & garlic, and Asian quinoa. It was delicious! My step dad bought an amazing almond raspberry cake for desert...it was a fabulous meal!
I am so thankful for my Mom and all that she does. I hope I am half the woman she is when I am in my 50's!
On another note I woke up this morning with some serious allergy congestion. I have been fighting my allergies for weeks...Just 2 days ago I was talking to a friend of mine who is not from East Tennessee about how bad they are here. We were joking that this has to be like the worst place in the US for allergies. Low and behold I stumbled across this today on Glamour.com.
![]() |
| Mom & I |
Apparently the The Asthma and Allergy Foundation recently released its list of the 2011 top allergy capitals and our lovely Knoxville, TN came in as #1. Love that.
Either way it's Wednesday, which means the weekend is finally in view. We had big plans to take a crew to Cole's grandparents Farm in Virginia this weekend but after checking the weather forecast we decided to take a rain check. Literally 70% chance of rain Saturday, and some sort of snow/rain mix Sunday. Not exactly perfect biking, hiking and fishing weather. So now I will most likely be making an appearance at Webb's Prom Saturday night :) Can't wait to see everyone all dressed up!
Happy Hump Day friends!

No comments:
Post a Comment