"We're adults. When did that happen? And how do we make it stop" -Grey's Anatomy
If you know me well you know I am one of a small group of people who is still a die hard Grey's Anatomy fan. I like to say this has to do with my late addiction to the show (almost into the 3rd season) and the fact that I lived alone for a year after college. Either way the result= I love Grey's. When pondering about what to write today I stumbled across this quote and it really hit home.
For whatever reason this past birthday (a.k.a. 27 approximately 1 month ago) really felt different than any other birthday in the past decade. Minus 21 of course because there was more to celebrate and 25 because I could finally rent a car. 27....now I am just feeling old. I realize in the grand scheme of things 27 is no where near old. But for me and my descent into adulthood 27 feels a little up there. Now don't get me wrong I am completely comfortable with where I am at in my life. I love my husband, my job, Bebop, our house, our friends and family...we have a GREAT life. This is just the year where I am starting to feel a transition...and that we are getting a little to old for things that I would have though perfectly acceptable at 26. Now I am not going to go into too much detail here even though I know you are asking yourself "like what Joy, what are you too old for?" I would prefer not to get the laundry list out so I will digress.
On a much more important note is it FRIDAY! This week has once again flown by and I have realized I am going to blink and this school year is going to be over. This weekend we have of course the Prom, which I mentioned yesterday. Cole and I have a date night planned tonight. Sunday I am hoping to get a nice long bike ride in and we will end the weekend with a patio party Sunday night at one of my best friends houses. I can't wait! I hope you have a fabulous weekend friends!

No comments:
Post a Comment