Thursday, April 28, 2011

WOW

That's really all I can say.  Never in my life have I seen storms like we last night and I hope I never do ever again.  Side note here- I have even been in an earth quake and it wasn't nearly as scary as the rain, thunder, lightening, wind, and golf ball sized hail that hit us last night.

Here's what happened. We let school out right at 3:30pm yesterday and canceled all after school activities.  Cole and I grabbed Bebop and met at his grandparents house around 4:30pm.  The first big storm warning was over our county until 5:00pm and they have a huge basement so it seemed like our best option.  After only getting some rain we decided to take it back to the house for the night.

Around 8:00pm we started watching the news because the thunder and lightning was getting worse.  Cole went ahead and made a pallet of blankets and pillows in our hallway just in case.  We caught the news when they said Gettysvue Country Club (which is like 3 minutes from our house) was going to get hit in 2 minutes.  So we hurried into our blanket/pillow pallet.  The storm hit and I was terrified.  The hail sounded like it was going to come through our roof and I could only imagine all of the damage it was doing outside.

We got round 2 about 30 min later.  It was worse but a shorter.  Bebop and I were shaking we were so scared.  We went to bed around 10:30pm and our power came back on at about 2:00am this morning.  Thank goodness.  This morning on my way to work I saw numerous flooded streets, cars flooded, fallen branches and trees.

Here are a few photos from outside our house.
Hail outside our front door
HUGE hail
I am glad the storm is over.  We definitely have damage to our roof, siding, garage door and Cole's truck but that can all be fixed.  I am just so thankful we are all ok.  Alabama and other places in the South got hit even worse than we did.  They are definitely in my prayers.

On a happy note:  Here are my new floor pillows that Bebop loves :)

They actually came in quite handy for out pillow/blanket pallet.  So glad I made the purchase.  Enjoy your Thursday friends!

No comments: