Tuesday, February 14, 2012

The Day of Love

Ahh Valentine's Day.  The Day of Love.  Like I have said before I think Valentine's Day is a fabulous day to celebrate no matter what your situation is.  I have had just as much fun out with girlfriends as I have had romancing with Colston...ok maybe not nearly as much fun but it has definitely been a great time!  :) 

Either way I love a day devoted to love and the people you care about.  With that being said Cole and I had a fabulous pre-Valentine's day weekend!  We love to take the closest weekend to vday and celebrate then too!  Here's how our weekend of love went down:

Friday night Cole and I went to swing dance lessons at Academy Ballroom.  It was awesome and hysterical all in one.  The Knoxville dancing with the stars (Yes I am for real.  we have one) was actually practicing during our lesson so there were news cameras documenting our very first class ever.  Love that.  Cole was hilarious and really isn't into structured dances so he was doing a little free style and it was all I could do not to burst out laughing every 5 seconds.  Priceless.
Afterwards we picked up pizza....(heart shaped to be exact.  Why not right??) and headed back to the house to watch a movie and go to bed.
The next day Colston surprised me with these gorgeous flowers......

That afternoon we headed to see The Vow.  Which was seriously so good.  It was definitely a heart wrencher and more sad than I guess I had imagined it would be.  But I love that is was based on a true story and it really makes you think about how strong love really is.  Seriously go see it!  Great movie!
After the movie we headed back to the house where Cole had our massages scheduled. We have this fabulous woman who comes to our house and does a phenomenal job.  After our incredibly relaxing massages we cozied in and had a romantic dinner for two....
[Grouper Puttanesca, cous cous and broccolini]
It was absolutely perfect and I loved being able to spend the entire day with Cole and not be rushed by work or other daily stresses.  Tonight we have a fun laid back dinner planned and Colston is taking my to lunch.  A fabulous rainy Valentine's.  I hope everyone has a wonderful day with your loved ones!!

Happy Valentine's Day!

xoxo,

No comments: