Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Bragging Rights

Well the time has finally come....my sweet little brother is graduating from College!!! Can't believe how fast the time has flown!  His official graduation ceremony is this Friday only 2 days away!!  Now I have to take a moment to brag on him...I mean that's what sisters do right?? :)

When Daane was only a sophomore in college he decided he wanted to go to Law School.  Then a few months later he started looking into different options and became really interested in the Marine Corps JAG program.  Fast forward 2 years and Daane's dreams are happening!  Danne applied to a number of Law Schools and decided on The University of Tennessee, Memphis.  They have an excellent program and one of Daane's very best friends will be attending Memphis as well.

So where do the Marine's fit into this?  Here's how it works:  Daane is on the Officer Candidate Class-Law track.  He is completing the Officer candidate school this summer in Quantico, VA.  Then after Law School he will complete another 10-week course at the Naval Justice School.  Finally, he will provide legal counsel and special assistance to the commandant of the Marine Corps (CMC), the Corps' highest ranking officer.

So there you have it!  Danne will be graduating Friday with honors and as a member of the Cum Laude society.  Smarty pants alert!!  Speaking of smarty pants.  I really can't get away without mentioning Daane's sweet and equally as smart girlfriend!  Daane's girlfriend (S) is also graduating on Friday in Accounting. She has been accepted at The University of Tennessee, Knoxville in the MAcc program!  She will also be living in Atlanta this summer and working at an Accounting Firm!  Way to go!!
S and Daane :) Super cute!
Lastly, I have to share I finally got everyone's graduation presents wrapped last night!  We are going to a graduation party for Daane's girlfriend (S) and her BFF (C) Friday night!  Can't wait!  Loved how the gifts turned out:

I can not disclose what is inside for obvious reason's but yes that is Volunteer- Power T & Smokey wrapping paper.  Jealous I know.  :)

Happy Hump Day friends!

And yes I lost the Dodgeball tournament...you should have seen the athletes they put against us!!  But I was one of the final two standing :) Let's just say I can't throw but I can dodge a ball!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG Daaaaaane!!!!!!!!!!!!! Love this and love him and LOOOVE those presents!!! #1 Big Sister award goes to YOU! xo