Thursday, May 26, 2011

Crazy Talk

SO I have apparently been living under a rock for a week now.....but Kim Kardashian is engaged!?  Craziness!!  I was catching up on my E! news last night when I heard the news!! Yay for her.  Can we talk about this ring though??? 20 carats??  Is that for real?  Check this thing out:
That thing looks like it could potentially break her finger off.....just sayin. 

Anyway back to reality!  It's Thursday!!!!!  I really couldn't be more excited!  Tomorrow is the last day of school and even though that doesn't change too much for me it still means shorter hours and a more relaxed environment.  Bring it on!  I am ready to kick off summer this weekend on the lake!  We have a great crew and I can't wait!

Last night I had a great dinner with one of my besties Kim.  I have been so busy lately with work girls nights have been less frequent so it was great to catch up!  I promise I have also been cooking a lot lately as usual. We have actually been grilling a ton. One thing I would like to get better at is grilling fish.  I say I but really Cole does the grilling and he is not a big fan of grilling fish.  BUT, a friend of mine introduced me to cedar plank wraps last week.  I am dying to try them out.
This will eliminate the mess that fish causes on our grill.  I am also wanting to branch out in my marinades.  This grilled orange and bourbon marinade looks delish!
Grilled Orange and Bourbon Salmon recipe
Definitely going to be trying this out in the next few weeks.  On another note, the weekend is in view and that makes me one happy girl!

Happy Thursday friends!

No comments: