Ahh babies. That word used to make me extremely nervous but the older I get the more I am warming up to all things baby related. Speaking of babies I read this funny article called "10 Questions to Ask Before Having a Baby" from The Nest.com. I love articles like this and I generally feel like Cole & I have discussed most things and checked a majority of things to do before off of the list but it is always fun to take a look so I thought I would share.
1. Public school or private school? We have definitely talked about this. Since I work at a FABULOUS private school in Knoxville most likely we would like for our kids to attend a private school. There are costs to consider, as well as the fact that Cole & I both grew up in public schools and feel like that environment is important as well. But if I am still at Webb our child will most likely attend here for at least high school.
2. If it’s a girl, your partner wants to name her Rainbow. Can you get past this? haha this question was funny. We are good on names. Cole & I have actually had a running list since we were freshmen in college. For real. We plan ahead.
3. How will you fund Project Baby? We have definitely talked about this and it is one of the main reason's we have decided to wait a little longer to have kids. While I know you can never really be fully prepared for a child with Cole's working for himself we wanted to wait until he got things fairly established before we added to the Edward's clan. We also just really want to travel and spend time together for a few years.
4. How many kids will you have? Lord willing we will have 2. No more. No less.
5. How will your careers change? Hopefully they wont. I work at a fabulous school with great flexibility and Cole works for himself. I may need to work part time while the baby is small but either way I will work and ideally I will stay at Webb. I love what I do.
6. Who’s on diaper duty? People say puppies are great practice for babies. I agree 100%. Especially when you have a mini dachshund who still acts like a puppy in this regard. I feel like we will be split pretty evenly here just like we are with Bebop.
7. What about God? This should definitely have been #1. Just saying. It is in my book. This is SUPER important. Cole & I started working in the children ministry at our church a year and a half ago. Our mission. Obviously to serve but also to take a look at where our children would potentially grow up. We fell in love and both continue to serve as well as became members of our church this summer.
8. How will you handle Grandma and Grandpa? Cole and I are blessed to have both of our parents living in Knoxville. I am fully aware of what a blessing this will be when we have kids. But at the end of the day I am all about balance so if all goes well and everyone is healthy we should be able to do things on our own a good amount of the time.
9. How will you discipline the kids? We have definitely talked about this one and I feel like we are on the same page. I think it will depend on the sex of the child and the situation. If I had to guess though I would say that Cole will be the authoritative figure in the house on a lot of stuff.
10. What counts as spoiling? This we have talked about A LOT. Growing up in different families we definitely both agree our children will work and have a good understanding of the value of things. This is extremely important to me as I started working when I was 15 and I truly believe it instilled hard working habits in me.
So there you have it!
Happy Thursday Friends!



No comments:
Post a Comment