Monday, December 12, 2011

Winter Festivities

This weekend kicked off our fun filled winter festivities.  I just love this time of year.  Filled with festive parties, gatherings and quality time with friends.  Let's recap:

Thursday night I headed over to my sweet friend Bev's for her annual Girls Christmas party.  I had a great time catching up with friends and met some fabulous new ladies!  I also played my first game of Dirty Santa!  Yes I know. Where have I been???  Anyway if you are like me and have been living under a rock for the past few years here's the jist:  Everyone brings a wrapped gift in a certain price range. Everyone then draws a number. From there people start opening gifts in numerical order. I happened to be #1.  I didn't think much of this until I found out that being #1 meant that I not only could take whatever gift I wanted throughout the game but I could also choose from EVERYONE's gift at the very end.  Needless to say I found the game quite fun. :)

The next night Cole and I had a low key date night and I waited on my good friend Kimbo to come into town from Charlottesville, VA.  If you remember the last time she came to visit was a wild weekend so I was so ready to see her again!  Saturday morning Kimbo and her boyfriend Zach came over for brunch.  Three hours later Cole finally let Zach leave but only after making him watch 16 snow boarding videos.  Needless to say Zach was so inspired that he had Kim take him to one of our local board shops to buy a band new snow board.  Seriously.  Cole is dangerous.

That night we headed over to Meg's for her 2nd annual Christmas Cocktail party.  Meg is a fab host and her house looked straight out of a magazine.  A for real deal winter wonderland.  I was in heaven.  We had SO much fun mingling with friends!!
Myself, Kimbo and Meg

My hott hubby & I

Zach & Kimbo

Kimbo & I - Reunited and it feels so good!!!

On our way home we stopped by one of Cole's friends house who also has an annual Christmas party.  His party is absolutely massive and he collects toys for the Toys for Tots Foundation. Great concept.  He definitely collected a TON of toys and I know they will make so many childrens Christmas extra special!

After Tyler's we made one last stop at our local hot spot Tin Roof so Zach could see the Knoxville scene and Kimbo could catch up with friends.  All in all we had an awesome night bebopin all around town.  Cole and I were sad to see Kimbo and Zach leave on Sunday but we are already planning our next trip to meet up with them!

Sunday after I ran some errands and got our lives back together my very best friend Ali came over for dinner.  Ali wont be able to make it back to Knoxville for the Christmas holidays so we got to exchange Christmas gifts last night!  So fun!  I am so blessed to have wonderful friends who are so thoughtful and would do anything for me!
Ali & I 
Hope everyone had an awesome weekend!

Happy Monday & Happy Holidays Friends!

xoxo,

No comments: