This weekend was exactly what I was needing. Quality time with the most important person in my life. . .Colston. Yes we spent the ENTIRE weekend together and had an absolute blast!! Let's recap:
Friday night we decided to have a low key night at the house since we were both exhausted from our weeks. We grilled out steaks and after dinner put our outdoor fire pit to good use. It was a perfect night to sit outside by the fire and chat about our weeks. Doesn't get much better than that.
The next day we attempted to sleep in but our dogs (Bebop and Rambo a.k.a. the Bash Brothers) had another idea. So after multiple attempts to ignore them we decided to just get up and take on the day. We had tons of steak left over from the night before so I made a delicious breakfast of steak, eggs & biscuits. It.was.amazing.
Next on the agenda. . .I told my sister-in-law that I would snap some photos for their family Christmas card. So I ran out for a quick minute to take a few photos. Here's a sneak peak:
 |
| Look at this cutie :) (My nephew Mason, Bec & Ryan) |
 |
| We had to bribe Mason with teddy grahams.....such a little boy :) |
 |
| He was cracking himself up! haha |
So after all of that fun Cole and I were off to hike in the Smokey's Mountains. Knoxville is about an hour away from the Smokey Mountains and we definitely do not take advantage of all of the great places to hike as much as we should. Cole had never been to
Chimney Tops (one of the Smokey's most popular hikes). The hike is only 5 miles but it is all up hill on the way up. The view at the top is incredible. Here are a few shots from our hike:
 |
| Gorgeous view from the top |
 |
| It was a little windy. . . |
 |
| My handsome hubby |
 |
| We stopped for a little picnic at the top :) My face was numb from the wind! |
Such a fun hike and beautiful day!! It was just so nice to get away from our cell phone and the city for an afternoon! After the hike we headed back to Knoxville to get ready for a date night in downtown market square. If you remember I talked about going to eat with the girls to
Bella Luna and shopping at
Crass Couture a few weeks ago? Well I was dying to go back with Colston. We had an awesome dinner. Listened to live jazz music and then walked over to Crass so I could do a little shopping. After my shopping adventure we headed across the square to
Oodles Uncorked where Cole has a serious obsession with a guiness chocolate cake. It's pretty awesome. Then we decided to take our full bellies home to snuggle with our puppies. :)
Sunday after church we did some Christmas shopping, ate an awesome dinner at the house and wrapped Christmas presents. All in all a phenomenal weekend and exactly what we were needing.
Happy Monday & Happy Holidays Friends!
xoxo,
No comments:
Post a Comment