The convo went something like this:
her: So did you hear Beyonce & Jay Z had a little girl?
Me: Yeah I saw something about that! I am pretty sure they named her Blue Ivy!
her: NO way!? DO you think they know they named her after TWO colors?
me: Yeah people are so weird.
her: I mean that's like naming your child Scarlet Rose or something.
me: (Thinking to myself) That's kind of a cute name! haha
Don't worry the convo kept going:
her: and apparently Justin Timberlake and Jessica Biel got engaged too!
me: Really?? I thought they broke up?
her: Yeah they did but they got back together.
me: Huh. interesting.
her: Yeah I feel like it's so weird. I have always thought he wasn't that into her....
and this is where the convo ended. Fast forward a week later and for whatever reason I started thinking about this all over again. Probably because I happened to hear "What Goes Around Comes Around" on the radio this morning. But that's besides the point.
Anyway, I started thinking... what is it about celebrity lives that makes us so interested??? I mean realistically we know nothing about what is really going on between any of these people. We barely know what goes on behind closed doors with our closest friends and their relationships. What makes us believe we have a clue what these celebrities have going on???
I started doing a little research on the topic and came up with this. "Celebrities just provide the faces to fill in love stories that have already been written … because we want to hear them. If we did not want to hear, read or see these stories, they would not be presented. In a time when long-standing print publications have gone out of business or cut their number of pages in half, the many celeb rags featured in grocery store lines across America seem to be doing just fine." -Frank Love
The last part really stuck a cord for me. That crazy to think about but so true! I am as guilty as the next person but seriously why does this stuff matter? and why do we make it matter?
Happy Thursday Friends!!
xoxo,



No comments:
Post a Comment