Monday, January 9, 2012

Feels like home

Although last week was a short work week it felt like it dragged on forever.  For the past 6 days my sweet hubby has been in Vail, Colorado on an all guys ski trip.  To say I missed him would be an understatement.  Pre-marriage I was always a super independent person.  I lived completely by myself for an entire year in a brand new city post college.  I have always loved my "me-time" and I am completely comfortable doing my own thing. However there is something to be said for getting into a routine and a groove as a family.  With Cole gone not only did out house feel empty but so did every aspect of my life. I am aware it wasn't even a full week and I have tons of friends whose spouse's travel 4-5 days out of the week so they are well versed in this area.  I however am not and I was seriously ready for him to return Sunday afternoon. :)

With all of the being said I had an awesome weekend mainly hanging out with my bestie Smash (I have no idea what I would do without her).  Friday night we made a huge batch of one of our all time favorite soup recipes Chipolte Chicken Tortilla. The basic recipe is here but like most things we added our own spin to it (a can of black beans and topped it with cheese and avocado.) Unreal. 
The next day was pretty productive and that night I met a big crew of girls at one of my favorite mexican restaurants Chez Guevara.  If you live in Knoxville and haven't been to Chez G you are seriously missing out!  Their spinach queso and Elvis burrito will change your life. Anyway, after dinner Smash and I headed back to my house to watch a movie and snuggle with our dogs.  Perfect night!

Yesterday after being up for over 17 hours Colston finally returned home and we (myself, Bebop & Rambo) were SOOOO excited to see him!!! I am so glad he got to take this trip with his friends though.  Definitely something he will look back on for years to come.  The guys got this picture on the Mountain.  In one word. Priceless.
Hope everyone had a fabulous weekend!!

Happy Monday Friends!

xoxo,

No comments: