Wednesday, January 18, 2012

MLK and The Golden Globes (For real this time)

So Monday was MLK day and I couldn't let another day go by without acknowledging it and all it stands for. This is also a fabulous opportunity to share a little tweet from one of my favorites (Yes Justin Bieber) don't act like your surprised. . .
"Darkness cannot drive out darkness, only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Amen to that.  So on Monday I spent my day off doing a number of things but the highlight of my day was meeting my hubby downtown to take some pictures for his office and grab some lunch.   Cole has recently been remodeling his office and he decided he really wanted some prints of downtown Knoxville.  Now I am no professional photographer and I have a feeling we may attempt these shots a few more times (maybe in particular when its warm) to really get what he has in mind.  BUT we tried and like I said afterwards he treated me to lunch.  Not a bad deal.  Here's a quick sneak peak:
The Tennessee Theater on Gay Street
Market Square
So moving on.  After our little lunch date I headed back to the house to check out the Golden Globes which I had strategically DVR'd the night before. While they were great and there were some amazing awards given out (my fav was Octavia Spencer's award for the Help) let's talk about what really mattered that night.  The fashion.

Some of my fav's included Reese Witherspoon, Charlize Theron, Jessica Alba, and Claire Danes.  Contrary to what I heard multiple people say I was NOT a fan of Angelina Jolie or anything about her  dress.
Reese in her gorgeous Zac Posen dress
How fabulous is she? Thank you Dior.
Smokin hott in Gucci.
Classic Claire in J. Mendel
and because I have to.  Angelina Jolie. In Versace. 
Twilight called. They want their vamps back.
Anyway, so the Golden Globes were so fun to watch and by that I of course mean the fashion was.  This week is already getting away from me and somehow it's Wednesday.  Last night Cole and I had a fabulous dinner at our friends D&A's house.  More on that tomorrow. 

Happy Hump Day Friends!

xoxo,


No comments: