Thursday, January 5, 2012

Goals for the New Year!

So I have never been one to get to overly into new years resolutions.  Generally I don't have any wild or crazy thing I would like to take on or improve on.  That doesn't mean I don't need to it just means I haven't taken the time to think about anything. :) Last year I decided to make a resolution to stop going to the tanning bed which I am happy to say I kept and plan on continuing this year.  Only spray tans for this girl.  Thankyouverymuch.  Say no to skin cancer!

Anyway, so this year I decided I wanted to make a list of some goals and things I would like to tackle or improve on in 2012.  Here we go....

My 2012 New Years Resolutions/Goals:


1. Pray and read my bible more.  I heard this bible verse today and it really struck a cord:  
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 "Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus." 
I need to be reminded that no matter what is going on I need to pray continually to make sure I am living life for the right reasons.

2. Save more. I have a feeling this is at the top of most people's resolution lists but I have never really taken saving too serious.  I mean I am smart [for the most part] on how I spend my money but I have always been more focused on experiences and the good old Carrie Bradshaw saying “I like my money right where I can see it... hanging in my closet.” The older and wiser I get :) the more I see the value and importance of saving. 

3.  Apply for my business license and take Joyful Expressions to the next level!
A big thank you to everyone who has supported me and my little business venture so far!  In the few months that I "officially" started taking orders for friends and family I completely blew any and all goals I had out of the water.  Because of that (and all of the great clients I have in the works) I have decided to apply for my business license and take this to the next level.  Although this is definitely still something I enjoy on the side (I LOVE my full time job and it is definitely my top priority) design work is absolutely my passion and I am so excited to get to work for friends and family!

4.  Learn more about Photography.  Photography has been a hobby of mine since high school.  Growing up my mom built a dark room in our house and it has always been something I am interested in.  My goal this year is to learn even more about taking pictures and improve my photography skills even more.

5. Keep changing up my workout routines.  Working out is nothing something (fortunately) that I don't have to force myself to do. I love it.  I have always been an active person and working out is just a part of my life.  I don't have any major weight loss goals or areas of improvement I would just like to keep up my current fitness level and I know the key to that is changing up my workouts periodically. I am blessed to have an awesome trainer at HHB who is always keeping me on my toes as well as my fabulous sister-in-law Becca Kelly who is my go to for any and all fitness related advice. 

6. Be more Patient.  I am super impatient.  100% to a fault and this is something I need to work on in 2012 and every year after that.  Luckily my husband is the complete opposite and wears off on me a little at a time. :) Praying for patience.
Done and done.  This feels pretty manageable and I am excited to start living a new year!

Happy Thursday Friends!!

xoxo,

No comments: