I always get creeped out on Friday the 13th. I am really not sure why...this day should come and go like any other but still I feel like it's such a superstitious day. Regardless is FRIDAY!!!!!! I am so pumped for the weekend, a 3-day weekend actually! Apparently we have Monday off for MLK! Don't mind if I do! Anyway tonight we are headed to dinner with a group of friends and then going BOWLING! You heard me right! Bowling and I couldn't be more excited about it! I couldn't tell you the last time I went bowling. It has been YEARS! We have a good crew and it should be a great time!
Saturday I will head to work on the Habitat house in the freezing cold.....fabulousness :) then Cole and I are going on a dinner date before we head to winter formal! I will be sure to take PLENTY of pics!
This weekend feels like a great time to cook a big put of chili, snuggle up and watch a few movies as well. We got our first snow dusting last night and even though it was literally just that a "dusting" it is nice to have a little white on the ground and cooler temps for a bit. It is winter last time I checked! There are a million different chili recipes but I happen to have a go-to that I sort of made up. I always get friends texting asking what my little concoction is so I figured I would share!
Three Bean Chili (name made up just now.)
Ingredients:
Ground beef (the leaner the better!)
Olive oil
Onion
Garlic
Tomato paste (1 small can)
Diced tomatoes (2 cans) I like the chili ready kind
Black beans (1 can)
Kidney beans (I can)
Pinto or Chili beans (2 cans)
Seasonings: chili power, cumin, coriander, cayenne pepper, cholula hot sauce (did I mention I like spice!?)
Instructions:
Chop the onion and garlic
Saute the ground beef in a pan with olive oil, garlic & onion
In a large pot combine beans, tomatoes, and seasonings
Once the ground beef is cooked drain any excess fat and transfer to the large pot
I usually let that simmer for about an hour
Top with cheese, sour cream, fritos, whatever your heart desires!
Enjoy!
I hope everyone has a FABULOUS weekend!!
xoxo,




No comments:
Post a Comment