Monday, May 6, 2013

Blog every day in May

Ok so I am a little behind here but I am going to attempt to follow Jenni's challenge to blog every day in May.  I have a few days to make up for so here we go.

Day 1.......The story of your life in 250 words or less: Ok so I was born in Portland, Oregon.  I lived there until I was in eighth grade which is when I moved to Knoxville.  I hated Knoxville, the South, and anything VOL orange.  Eventually I warmed up to it all and even attended the University of Tennessee.  I met my husband in eighth grade.  We were in the same home room.  We said no more than 5 words to each other until Junior year of high school when we sat next to each other in English class.  We went on our first date on Valentine's day and the rest is history....... (yeah right).  We broke up, dated again senior year/freshman year of college, and broke up AGAIN. Then went for round three after college when I had moved to Orlando, FL.  I eventually moved back to Knoxville, we got engaged a year later, married a year after that and now four wonderful years later we are welcoming our first child into the world.

Day 2......Educate us on something you know a lot about or are good at: hmmmmmm I hate questions like this. Ok so I am good at organizing a planning things. Hence my current job.  I love to plan ahead (sometimes it gets me into trouble) but I still do it and I keep track of details well.  My tricks are again planning ahead, not procrastinating, making to-do lists and setting reminders for myself.  Not rocket science just what I like to do.

Day 3.......Things that make you uncomfortable: Swimming in the ocean or the lake (yes I am serious).  Public speaking. Going to the girl Dr. (I swear I will be 65 and still feel this way). Opening gifts in public....awkward. Being put on the spot.

Day 4.....Favorite quote (from a person, from a book, etc) and why you love it: Not too original but my favorite bible verse is Ephesian's 2:8 "For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God"   I love it because it reminds me that we are saved by faith alone and it is not by anything we have accomplished.

Day 5.....Publicly profess your love and devotion for one of your blogger friends. What makes them great? Why do you love them? I did a little of this on Friday but I am currently loving Leslie over at Blonde Ambition because we are at similar places in our lives.

Day 6......If you couldn't answer with your job, how would you answer the question, 'what do you do'? I coordinate and plan events for a private school in Knoxville.  I work with parent volunteers, students and vendors and I love love love it.

Whew.  So I am caught up and I will try to get on this more this week.  Happy Monday Friends!

ONE WEEK UNTIL WE KNOW WHAT BABY E IS!!!!!!!

No comments: