I was chatting with one of my BFF's last night about old wives tales and gender prediction. I think I have googled 1,000 different websites and read ALL of them. So far I am not coming up with much of a variety. For the most part they are ALL pointing to a girl which is also what Cole and I's gut feeling tell us we are having. Literally 5 minutes after I told Cole I was pregnant he looked at our dogs (Bebop & Rambo) and said "boys are you excited about your sister??" Hysterical. BUT I would actually prefer a variety because now I feel way to certain and that certainty may just get me. What's funny is normally when I tell people I think we are having a girl they tend to assume I just really want a girl. Which is not the case. Cole and I always always wanted boys. We have two fabulous boy names picked out. One that I am DYING to use and we really had nothing in the girl department. People also like to assume that we think we are having a girl because we really want a boy. Also not the case. Once I warmed up to the idea of a girl I am just as into it. We have a fabulous name picked out now and I think I would have so much fun with a little girl. So in conclusion we really do not care. I will be just as excited about a boy as I will a girl. But for the sake of some fun let's check out some of the old wives tales:
- Heart Rate: If the baby's heart rate is below 140 (boy) over 140 (girl): Our last ultrasound the heart rate was 173 and the time before that it was 162 (GIRL)
- Mayan Tale: Legend has it that the Mayans determined a baby's sex by looking at the mother's age at conception and the year of conception. If both are even or odd, it's a girl. If one's even and one's odd, it's a boy. (28 & 13) (BOY)
-Chinese Calendar: Chinese birth charts use your age at conception and the month you conceived to
determine the sex of your baby. (GIRL)
- If you have acne while pregnant, it's a girl. It's thought that acne during pregnancy is caused by the extra hormones. (GIRL)
- Cravings: People believe that if you are craving salty foods while pregnant, you can count on having a boy. If you crave sweets, fruit, and orange juice, you are having a little girl. (GIRL)
- Headaches: If you are having headaches, you might be carrying a boy. (I have had a few so maybe BOY)
- Dreams: If you have dreams that you are having a boy, you will have a girl. (Dreamed I was having a boy 2 nights ago... GIRL)
- Moody or happy? If you are really moody, you are having a girl since you have another extra girl hormones in you. (GIRL)
- Moring sickness? morning sickness means pink. If you're stricken with a queasy stomach during
your first trimester, think ribbons and bows. (GIRL)
So there you have it!! Only 10 more days and we will know what our little one is! (I am not excited at all)
Happy Thursday Friends!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment