Hello friends! Whew this week has been a whirlwind. I am excited to finish up the week with my questions from Jenni's challenge to blog every day in May. Here we go!
Day 16......Thursday: Something difficult about your "lot
in life" and how you're working to overcome it.
Well I think I have been pretty candid about our fertility struggles on the blog. Fortunately God answered our prayers and blessed us with a baby boy (due this fall).
But on a different note we we did receive some tragic news this week. My cousin was pregnant with her first child due in July (a little boy as well) and she had every expecting mom's worst nightmare happen to her recently. They were unable to detect a heartbeat and had to go into a emergency delivery. She and her husband were able to hold their sweet child before he passed. I can't imagine how hard this was for her and she has been in my thoughts and prayers non-stop. I was thinking about her this morning and I was reminded that in a world full of uncertainties it is comforting to know that we can count of one thing for certain. The promise of everlasting life with our heavenly father. I know that my cousin's little angel is getting some extra lovin right now and one day she will be reunited with him.
Day 17......Friday: A favorite photo of yourself and
why.
I absolutely love this photo taken at our wedding. Cole and I had long planned for me to jump in his arms after our first kiss and our photographer captured it perfectly. It reminds me just how excited we were to be married and what a special day that was.
Day 18.......Saturday: Tell a story from your childhood. Dig
deep and try to be descriptive about what you remember and how you
felt.
When I was seven years old I was visiting my cousin's in Michigan. We were at my Aunt's house and it happened to be my birthday (I am guessing this was a spring break trip). Anyway, I am a HUGE lover of birthday's and always have been. I went to blow out the candles on my cake as my family sang "happy birthday" to me when my younger cousin Brian snuck in and blew out my candles!! There is a even a picture to prove it!!! I was pissed! hahaha and it still makes me laugh when I think of how angry I was. Note to everyone....do not blow out someone's b-day candles. Just don't.
Day 19........Sunday: Five of your favorite blogs and what
you love about them
1. Hello Happiness - Natasha and I went to college together. I love following her daily life, motherhood, and life in Nashville.
2. A Blonde Ambition - I love Leslie's adorable mini dachshund and she and I are due a few weeks apart.
3. The Campbell's - Katie is a Godly woman who shares her journey with infertility. I admire and respect her so much. Plus we were sorority sisters in college. :)
4. Simply Smithwick - Caroline also has a mini dachshund (are you seeing a pattern here??). She is an ADPi and she lives in Memphis. She recently adopted a baby boy and I love following her journey.
5. Erin Zammett Rudy - I have been following Erin's blog for about 6 years now. She was a blogger for Glamour magazine before having kids and she has done a number of things since. Her current blog on Parenting.com is hysterical and I highly recommend following her!
Happy Friday Friends!! Have a great weekend!

1 comment:
you are so kind sweet friend!!! it's fun to see all of us transition from college to marriage to motherhood ;) YOU INCLUDED!! OXOX
Post a Comment