Monday, May 20, 2013

May Challenge

Well today's blogging question couldn't be more appropriate....

Day 20..........Monday: Get real. Share something you're struggling with right now.

Today.  Right now.  I am struggling with exhaustion and feeling burnt out.  It's the final week of school and for once (seriously first time) I am REALLY jealous of all of the teachers who get to take a few months off.  I love my job but after this INSANE/CRAZY spring I am in serious need of a vacation. 

So why don't I just take one you are probably thinking.  Well we have one booked in July.....to St. Croix (booked before little Bodie) but I have my reservations.  24-25 weeks pregnant, 90 degrees, and we need a dog sitter (yes real problems people).  Not to mention even though we are getting a GREAT deal on the trip we are about to be parents and I am feeling this extreme guilt like I need to start thinking and spending that way.  Not to mention I am about to take a LONG maternity leave this fall and who knows how many sick days I will need to take this winter with Bodie.  Daycare and flu season do not mesh to well from what I hear.

So all and all I sound like a huge debby downer.  Who has SO SO much to look forward to and a great reason to cancel her vacay this summer.  BUT I am just really needing a break.  A moment to relax, catch up and wind down.  We have another wedding this weekend (which I AM super excited about) but it does mean that this four day weekend wont be much of a break either. Bummer.

Let's just pray it stops raining.  I can catch my breath and enjoy this summer..... work and all.

Happy Monday Friends!!

No comments: