Thursday, May 30, 2013

Bodie's Crib: Nursery Decor

Confession: My crazy type-A planner personality has tried and tried to take it easy in this department. Knowing full and well that I have 5 more months until Bodie makes his big debut. 
However, once I get started it's hard to stop. I could potentially have a completed nursery by the end of June so I figured I would share my inspiration while there is still time. :)
 

I decided awhile ago that I wanted to go neutral regardless of the gender.  So the basics for the nursery were pretty similar no matter what.  Now that I know it's a boy I am going with my neutral pallet as well as a rustic feel. Burlap, distressed wood and clean lines.
A few months ago I was at my favorite fabric store Short sheet and I stumbled across this. It was love at first sight and I knew I could make this work no matter what.

Due to our "fertility struggle" I have also had plenty of time to research my fair share of nurseries.  I have had my crib and changing table picked out for about 100 years.  We actually ordered them last week and I am IN LOVE.

I added a antiquing glaze to both of these to add a little character and make them not so stark white.
We are using an antique rocking chair that my mom used for both me and my brother. I know, I know, gliders are supposed to be the bomb....BUT we have a bed in the room too so I think we will be good to go.

Since the room is the smaller of our two spare bedrooms I had to get creative when it came to storage. I decided I really wanted built-ins added to our closet for storage as well as make room for the changing table.  They were installed this past weekend by my step-dad and I am OBSESSED.

Lastly, the paint color I chose based on my fabric swatch ended up being just a lighter shade of the color we have in our living room and dining room.  My mom painted this past weekend and I couldn't be happier with it. Told you we were moving quick. :)  I promise to post pictures as soon as it's finished. 

Happy Thursday friends!

No comments: